This is a great opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to join my client in Co. Cork.
- Manage inventory levels of packaging products and place orders as needed
- Attend production meetings to understand upcoming requirements for production
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with existing suppliers and identify new ones as needed
- Attend international Trade fairs as necessary
- Work with Finance Department to maintain accurate Bills of Materials
- Negotiate credit terms with suppliers to ensure best value for the company
- Identify and recommend cost reduction strategies
- Ensure no stock outages that will result in Production stoppages
- Work with Quality department to ensure quality of packaging meets standards for feed / nutraceutical products
- Raise Purchase Orders and ensure products received match PO in terms of quantity, spec, and condition
- High ethical standards, in compliance with Company and Quality standards
- Excellent IT skills, proficient in Excel
- Strong market research and negotiation skills
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and driven, excellent at planning ahead and highly numerate
- Capable of establishing relationships at senior levels with key suppliers
- Good communicator who will keep management informed of any supply market dynamics that could impact budgets or supply.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please apply with your CV to: